Summertime is filled with outdoor activities. Why not cool off with these Frozen Blueberry Yogurt “Poppers.”
They are as easy to make as they are delicious.
Check them out!
What You Need
- Large fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup of vanilla Greek Yogurt or individual serving
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet, or a plate
Step #1 – Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet or plate
Step #2 – Take a toothpick and insert it into a blueberry
Step #3 – Dip the blueberry into the yogurt – be sure to cover it well.
Step #4 – Place on parchment paper
Step #5 – Repeat until all your blueberries are covered in yogurt.
Note: Be sure to space the “poppers” on the parchment so they are not touching.
Step #6 – Place the poppers in the freezer.
Step #7 – Wait until they are frozen and enjoy!
For a different treat, use raspberry, blueberry, or strawberry Greek yogurt instead of vanilla.
Fun with Food Facts – Blueberries
Did you know?
- July is National Blueberry Month
- There are two types of blueberries; high bush and low bush.
- Low bush berries are usually smaller and sweeter. They are used for making jams and jellies.
- High bush blueberries are larger and are usually sold in grocery stores.
- The compound that makes this berry blue is called “anthocyanin.” It is also an antioxidant.
Try making these Frozen Blueberry Yogurt Poppers at home, then let us know what you thought in the comment section.
Be sure to join us next Sunday for another Fun With Food recipe.