It’s important to stay hydrated during the hot weather. Try these fun and easy Ice Treats – they’re too cool!
What You Need
- Flavored drink such as Gatorade, Kool Aid, or juice.
- Ice cube tray
- Measuring cup
Step #1 – Pour the flavored liquid into a measuring cup with a pouring spout.
Step #2 – Fill the ice cube trays
Step #3 – Put in freezer.
Wait until frozen, then enjoy!
Try using soda instead of juice or an energy drink.
These ice treats are perfect for popping as is into your mouth or placing in cold drinks for an added flavor boost.
Fun With Food Facts – Ice
Did you know?
- Unlike other liquids, water expands to become ice. So much so that water freezing in the cracks of a rock can burst it apart.
- Water freezes when the temperature dips below 32 degrees F.
- Ice floats on water because it is less dense than water.
- Dry ice is formed when carbon dioxide freezes. This “ice” is so cold that when it is exposed to the warm air, it creates a thick fog.
- There are 16 different types of ice. They are classified by their density – number four is what we commonly have in our freezers.
We hope you enjoy these “icy” treats. Join us again next week for another Fun With Food recipe.