What’s red, juicy, and oh so delicious?
Today’s Fun With Food Recipe is easy to do and yummy to eat. Check out how to make Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
What You Need
- 1 cup of Chocolate Chips or melting wafers
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 12 Ripe Strawberries
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Wax Paper on a Cookie Sheet
Step #1 – Place the wax paper on a cookie sheet. Set aside
Step #2 – Wash the strawberries and dry thoroughly (or let air dry)
Step #3 – Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe container and heat on 50% power for about a minute. Stir and continue heating on 50% power for another 30 seconds until the chocolate melts completely.
Step #4 – Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip into the chocolate mixture and lay on the wax paper to harden.
Step #5 – Refrigerate the chocolate coated strawberries before serving.
Use white chocolate chips instead of chocolate. Roll the freshly coated strawberries in sprinkles or finely chopped peanuts for an added flavor-treat.
Fun With Food Facts – Strawberries
Did you know?
- There are around 200 seeds on an average-size strawberry.
- Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen each Spring.
- The strawberry isn’t technically a fruit – fruits have their seeds on the inside. The strawberry is in a class by itself called, “accessory fruit.”
- California produces 75% of all the strawberries in the United States.
- Strawberries are members of the rose family – perhaps that’s why they smell so good!
- There is a museum in Belgium dedicated just to strawberries.
Aren’t strawberries delicious? Tell us what you think of this super “fruit” in the comments section.
Categories: Fun With Food