The tooth fairy is very busy collecting teeth and leaving presents. But it wasn’t always this way.
Did you know back in medieval Europe there was a superstition? They thought the Tooth Fairy was a witch! Children would burn their baby teeth because if a witch found them, it was believed she would gain control over that person.
Thankfully, it isn’t that way today so let’s celebrate National Tooth Fairy Day by exploring these “toothy” facts.
Plus, has the Tooth Fairy ever not come to your home? There are plenty of reasons why and we’ve got them.
Fun Facts on the Tooth
- The enamel on your teeth is the strongest substance in your body.
- If you are right-handed, you will tend to chew your food on the right side of your mouth. If you’re left-handed, your chewing will happen on the left side of your mouth.
- The most popular color of the toothbrush is blue, followed by red.
- Giraffes only have teeth on the bottom of their mouth.
- Just like our fingerprints are unique, so are our teeth prints.
- Dentists recommend we brush our teeth for 2 to 3 minutes at a time – most people only brush for 45 seconds.
- Dogs have 42 teeth, cats have 30 teeth, pigs have 44 teeth, and an armadillo has 104 teeth.
- A snail’s mouth is no larger than the head of a pin, but it can have over 25,000 teeth!
- The Blue Whale is the largest mammal on Earth, but it doesn’t have any teeth!
- The Crocodile Bird flies into the Crocodile’s mouth and cleans its teeth – that’s one weird way to floss!
We don’t always get to do what we want to do. The same goes for the Tooth Fairy. If she missed getting your tooth, here are some reasons why (she’s also very sorry).
- She broke her tooth-searching magnifying glass.
- Santa needed her help with one of the elves. He took a big bite from a candy cane and hurt his tooth.
- You may have woke up too early and scared her off.
- If you have a dog or cat, they might have seen her and frightened her off.
- There was a squirrel stuck in a tree, so she stopped to help.
- Her money fell out of her bag, and she lost it.
- She ran out of fairy dust and couldn’t fly.
- Her tooth bag was too full, so she had to go home to empty it.
- She was in a meeting with the Easter Bunny, and it ran long.
- She tried using a drone to drop the money, but it didn’t work.
We wish the Tooth Fairy a happy day filled with healthy teeth!
What has the Tooth Fairy left you? Let us know in the comment section.
Leave a Reply