Are you looking for a tasty no-bake treat with some added protein? Then these PB & Protein Balls are perfect!
Store them in the refrigerator for a quick, healthy, anytime snack!
What You Need
- 1/3 cup chunky (or smooth) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of protein powder
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tbsp of graham cracker crumbs
- Measuring spoons
- Small bowl
Step #1 – In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Mix well.
Step #2 – Stir in the protein powder, oats, and crumbs. Mix well.
Step #3 – Shape into 1-inch balls.
Step #4 – Place in an air-tight container with lid and store in the refrigerator.
For an added treat, add 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder, or use chocolate flavored protein powder. You can also substitute the graham crackers for crushed Digestive Cookies.
If you don’t want the added protein, you can substitute 1/3 cup of nonfat dry milk powder in place of the protein powder.
Fun With Food Facts – Honey
Did you know?
- It takes the nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey!
- One honey bee has to fly about 90,000 miles (three times around the planet) to make one pound of honey.
- The honey bee will visit between 50 and 100 flowers during a collection trip.
- If sealed in an air-tight container, honey can last forever on the shelf.
- Bees eat the honey they collected to survive the long cold winter.
- The Mexican Honey Wasp can also make honey.
Try this recipe and let us know what you thought in the comments section. We love to hear from our readers.
Join us again next week for another Fun With Food Recipe.