Everyone loved to browse at Oldman’s Antiques.
But when the tiny bell tinkled over the door, and a bossy bespectacled woman arrives, Lizzie’s moment of watching the store turns into a bidding war.
What does the wealthy Mrs. Bradley Larchmont the Third desire?
As the senior sleeps soundly on the old Louis XVI settee, little, does he know Lizzie is imagining all the things she could do with the money Mrs. Larchmont is proposing.
$500 would buy a deluxe tree house.
$1000 a nice small boat.
$5000 that Lavender Dream Bedroom Set.
But what would all this stuff be without her beloved grandpa?
The stakes are getting high, and the rewards even higher. Will Lizzie cave at Mrs. Larchmont’s final offer of $50,000?
Find out in, Grandpa for Sale.
This picture book, written by Dotti Enderle and Vicki Sansum, is a sweet tale of one girl’s love for her grandpa.
The vivid illustrations by T. Kyle Gentry are bright, detailed, and lend themselves to the imagination of the story.
Grandpa for Sale would make a wonderful addition to any child’s home library.
Want to know more? Check out these fun facts about antiques.
Did you know?
- The most expensive antique ever sold was a Pinner Qing Dynasty Vase. It sold for over 68 million dollars!
- Michael Jackson had a secret antique collection. It contained French mirrors, paintings, and other items. This collection was worth over 1 billion dollars!
- Collecting stamps has been a hobby since 1886.
- For the French, Wednesday is the day you sell your old items.
- King Henry VIII and France’s Renaissance King, Francis were collectors of antique mirrors. Some of their mirrors cost as much as a naval ship!
Want your own copy of Grandpa for Sale? Check out Flashlight Press!
Categories: Books We LOVE!