Qianzhausaurus lived about 72.1 to 60 million years ago. It is nicknamed “Pinocchio Rex” because of its really long snout!
What else is “dynamic” about this dino?
Check it out!
Did You Know?
- Pinocchio Rex was a cousin to T-Rex.
- “P-Rex” measured around 25 to 35 feet long (7.5 to 9m).
- It weighed less than one ton.
- Qianzhausaurus most likely fed on small feathered dinosaurs or lizards.
- It once prowled across Asia.
This dinosaur had a mouth full of long, narrow teeth. It also had an elongated skull and thick, powerful jaws — though not quite as powerful as the better-known T-Rex. This dinosaur also had small horns sprouting from its odd snout.
Pinocchio Rex bones were discovered by workmen at a construction site near the city of Ganzhou, who then took them to a local museum.
What do you think of Qianzhausaurus? Tell us in the comments section.