Check out this silly song and story by “Larry.”
Larry’s song about his lips is silly. But here are five lip-tastic facts that aren’t silly.
Did You Know?
- No two pair of lips are the same. Those lines you see on your lips are unique to you!
- The skin on your lips is super-thin. The skin on your face can be up to 16 cell layers thick. Your lips? They only have from 3 to 5 layers!
- Your lips get thinner as you get older. This is because your body produces less of a protein called ‘collagen’ – collagen makes your lips plumper.
- There are millions of nerve receptors in the lips. This makes them sensitive to heat, cold, and touch.
- Our lips can’t sweat. That’s because they don’t contain any sweat glands.
What do you think about Larry’s silly song and our lip facts? Tell us in the comments section!