Today is National Jelly Bean Day! To celebrate this jelliest of occasions, we’ve found some jell-icious facts for you about this sweet candy-bean.
Check it out!
Did You Know?
- The origins of the jelly bean is still a mystery. However, it is thought that it may be a “descendant” of Turkish Delight.”
- Every year in the U.S alone, there are 16 billion jelly beans manufactured just for Easter. If you were to lay them end-to-end, that would be enough to circle the Earth more than three times!
- There are eight flavors in traditional jelly beans. The company, Jelly Belly, has over 100 flavors, some of these include gross flavors like “Stink Bug,” “Barf,” and “Dog Food.” Eww…
- It takes 7 to 14 days to make a single jelly bean.
- Jelly Belly was the first jelly bean to go to space. They road on the space shuttle Challenger in 1983.
Jelly Belly ‘Very Cherry’ and ‘Buttered Popcorn’ are the most popular flavors.
Have you ever wondered how the jelly bean is made? Watch this fun video!
What’s your favorite flavor of jelly bean? Do you separate them into colors, or do you just grab one from the bag?
I wonder what flavors these baby ferrets like?
Happy National Jelly Bean Day!