Today is World Animal Day! A day when we honor our furry, feathery, and scaly friends.
What Can You Do to Help?
There are plenty of things you can do to celebrate World Animal Day today and everyday!
- Tell your friends and family about the things you have learned here today. Didn’t learn anything new? Visit our “Animals” category for fun facts on some cool critters.
- Volunteer your time at an animal shelter.
- If you are looking for a pet, adopt one from a shelter instead of purchasing one.
- Learn all you can about the type of pet you want to ensure you are ready to be a great pet parent. We have a “pets” section, too.
- Clean up the environment to help keep our animal friends safe and healthy in their natural habitats.
- Give your pet some extra treats, playtime, or snuggles to let them know they are loved.
- Take a pledge to always be mindful of our animal friends! – Tell us in the comments section what you pledge to do for our animal friends!
A world without animals would be a lonely place, indeed! Let’s be good stewards of the planet and to all those that live here…
Happy World Animal Day! Celebrate by coloring these fun pictures. Once you’re finished, hang them in your window to show everyone you care about the world’s animals!