JELL-O is fun! But JELL-O Jigglers are even more of a blast!
Let’s get creative with this food.
What You Need
- 2 pkg (8 serving size) of JELL-O – pick your favorite flavor
- 2 1/2 cups of boiling water
- Measuring cup
- Heat-safe mixing bowl
- 13×9-inch baking sheet
- Mixing spoon
- Cookie cutters of various shapes
Step #1 – Pour gelatin into heat-safe mixing bowl
Step #2 – Pour the boiling water over gelatin.
Step #3 – Stir until completely dissolved – at least 3 minutes
Step #4 – Pour into 13×9-inch pan
Step #5 – Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm.
Step #6 – Dip bottom of the pan into warm water for 15 seconds.
Step #7 – Take cookie cutters and begin making Jigglers
Note: Be sure to press the cutter all the way to the pan – this helps release the Jigglers.
Step #8 – Lift the JELL-O Jigglers from pan.
Reserve the odd pieces for snacking. Store the Jigglers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Extras – for added yumminess, add some whipped cream to your jiggly dessert.
Fun With Food Facts – JELL-O
Did you know?
- JELL-O has been around since 1845!
- JELL-O has been used in movies to make special effects.
- The four original flavors of this favorite snacking food were lemon, raspberry, orange, and strawberry. Today there are 15 flavors of this brand of gelatin.
- There were once coffee, chocolate, tomato, and celery flavored JELL-O. These were not very popular.
- JELL-O has its own occassion. The second full week of February is International JELL-O Week.
Have fun with your food by making some JELL-O Jigglers. They’re simple and delicious!
Be sure to check out our other Fun With Food Recipes!