Today is Canada’s Birthday. In honor of our Canuck friends, we have a tasty treat inspired by the Canadian flag.
Check out Canada Day Pops!
What You Need
- 1 pkg of raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 18 Large marshmallows
- 1 plastic baggie
- 6 wooden (or plastic) skewers or lollipop sticks
- 1 cup of water in a “dunkable” container
Step #1 – Pour the gelatin into a plastic baggie.
Step #2 – Measure water (doesn’t have to be exact) into a container suitable for dunking your marshmallows.
Step #3 – Take a marshmallow and dunk it into the water. Shake off the excess.
Note: Do NOT soak the marshmallow, just get it wet enough for the gelatin to stick.
Step #4 – Put the marshmallow in the baggie holding the gelatin.
Step #5 – Give it a good shake until the marshmallow is well-coated. Set aside.
Step #6 – Repeat step #5 until you have 12 coated marshmallows.
Step #7 – Use your skewer and build your Canadian Flag – 1 red marshmallow, 1 white marshmallow, 1 red marshmallow.
Store these in zipper bags to keep them fresh!
Enjoy your sweet Canada Day treat!
Fun With Food Facts Feature – Canada
Did You Know?
- Canada got its flag 100 years after it became a country. The date was February 15th, 1965.
- “Eh” is a valid word in the Canadian Oxford Dictionary.
- In Nanaimo British Columbia, people race bathtubs as part of an annual aquatic tradition.
- Ogopogo is a mythical monster (similar to the Loch Ness) that supposedly lives in Lake Okanagan, BC.
- Canada consumes more mac n’ cheese than any other country in the world!
Be sure to check out our other recipes– they’re delicious!
Happy Canada Day!
Categories: Fun With Food