Today is Dance Like a Chicken Day!
In honor of this “clucky” occasion, let’s learn how to “dance like a chicken.”
Check it out!
Learn some cool chicken facts with Miss Bonnie B. “Cluck” here.
More Fun Facts About Chickens
- Chickens are the most common bird on earth.
- This bird has been raised by people for more than 7,000 years.
- Chickens were first domesticated in China and India.
- Some chickens make good pets. You can even pet them and hold them on your lap.
- The place where chickens live is called a chicken coop.
- Chickens can be very nervous, so if you walk backwards into their coop, they won’t be so frightened.
- A chicken will cluck after it lays an egg
- A healthy chicken will lay about 265 eggs each year.
- Chickens like to dine on bugs, plants, veggies, and even table scraps!
- There are over 300 breeds of chicken.
- A baby chicken is called a “chick.”
- A male chicken is called a “rooster” and the female is a “hen.”
- Chickens have an excellent memory and hearing.
What do you think about the chicken? Pretty cool, right? Be sure to share these fun facts with your friends and family. Oh, and don’t forget to dance like a chicken!