It’s cold, refreshing and oh so juicy!
Watermelon is especially delicious when the weather is hot – the real stuff, that is.
Check out how to make your very own do-it-yourself Watermelon Fan!
What You Need
- Paper plate (not plastic)
- Pink (or red) and green paint (markers will work, too)
- Black marker
- Craft stick (or recycled Popsicle stick)
- Clear tape
Step #1 – Turn the paper plate upside down.
Step #2 – Using the pink (or red) paint, paint the bottom of the plate.
Step #3 – Using the green paint, paint the outer edge of the plate.
Be sure to leave a thin area of white showing between the pink and green.
Step #4 – Let dry
Step #5 – Take the black marker and add dots (these are the seeds of the watermelon)
Step #6 – Carefully fold the plate in half.
Step #7 – Tape the craft stick to the middle of the inside of the plate.
Step #8 – Use two small pieces of tape to affix the two sides together.
Now you’re ready to enjoy your watermelon fan!
Know what else is enjoyable? These fun facts about this fabulous fruit!
Did You Know?
* The first watermelon harvest was in Egypt; 5,000 years-ago!
* Watermelon is 92% water.
* Early explorers used the watermelon as a canteen.
* The watermelon is both a fruit and a veggie.
* Even the rind and the seeds of the watermelon are edible.
* There is a species of watermelon that is yellow. It has a honey flavor.
* The biggest watermelon ever grown weighed a whopping 268.8 pounds!
What do you think of the watermelon? Let us know in the comments section. If you made a watermelon fan, send us a picture and we’ll feature it here.
Categories: Celebrations, Crafts
Leave a Reply