Which dinosaur may have been a link between reptiles and birds and had a large brain?
It’s the Troodon (pronounced TROH-o-don).
This dino may have been small, but it moved very fast.
Let’s discover more fascinating facts about the Troodon.
Did you know?
- The Troodon belonged to the saurischian family. This means it was more closely related to birds.
- Its name means “wounding tooth.”
- This dino was bipedal meaning it stood on its hind legs.
- It has long, thin and powerful back legs.
- The Troodon was thought to have big eyes. They each measured around 2 inches in diameter.
- It may have been the smartest of all the dinos.
- The Troodon stood about three feet tall. It measured around 6.5 feet in length. It weighed between 88 and 110 pounds.
- This dinosaur also had sickle-shaped claws and gripping hands.
- Scientists think that Troodon may have been an omnivore – ate a varied diet of both meat and plants.
What do you think of the Troodon? Let us know in the comments section.
Be sure to join us again next week when we will discover more fun facts about some fascinating dinosaurs.