Skittles are a rainbow of flavor. But did you know they are also cool in an “artsy” way?
Check out this Skittles experiment!
What You Need
- Package of Skittles
- Heat-proof plate (ceramic or glass works best)
- Boiling Water
Step #1 – Boil water in kettle.
Step #2 – Arrange Skittles on the heat-proof plate. You can choose any design.
Step #3 – Carefully pour boiling water over Skittles.
Step #4 – Watch as a rainbow design magically appears before your eyes.
Step #5 – Gently swirl the plate to change the colored design.
You can repeat this process with a clean plate and new Skittles.
Need more help? Watch this video!
Fun Facts About Skittles
Did You Know?
- Skittles were invented in England in 1974. They first came to America in 1979.
- Skittles are the second most popular chewy candy in the US. What’s the first? Starburst!
- This candy was the first to heavily use social media for advertising. They are even the most “liked” brand on Facebook!
- Their slogan “Taste the Rainbow” was invented in 1994 by the New York ad agency, D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles.
If you tried the Skittles experiment take a picture of your creation and send it to us. We’d love to showcase it on our Show Us Your Stuff Saturday!