Are you so happy when you are about to eat that you can’t help but smile?
What if your food smiled back at you?
Well today we have a fun with food recipe that is going to do just that!
Read on to learn how to make Apple Mouths. This snack is so yummy it has to grin.
Recipe is courtesy of Peanut Butter Boy.
What You Need
- 1 red apple
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- Apple corer tool
- Paring knife
Step #1 – Using your apple corer, remove the stem and core from the apple.
Step #2 – Carefully slice the apple into 1/2 inch sections
Step #3 – Spread the peanut butter onto one side of each apple slice
Step #4 – Place 4 or 5 mini marshmallows onto half of the apple slices.
Step #5 – Top with remaining apple slices.
Enjoy your “toothy” treat!
For a twist on this recipe, try using a chocolate spread such as Nutella. You could also sprinkle the top of the peanut butter with cinnamon.
Fun With Food Facts Feature – Apples
Did you know…
- Apples are a member of the rose family?
- Apple trees need to grow from 4 to 5 years before they can produce fruit?
- The biggest apple ever grown weighed 3 pounds?
- Over 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States.
- Apple trees can live to be over 100 years old!
Are you hungry for more Fun With Food? Check out our other recipes.
Categories: Fun With Food