Do you want to write a poem but don’t know where to begin?
Check out our fun “Build a Poem” activity that will give you everything you need to create a fun poem – it’s perfect for a rainy day!
Here is how you can do it:
- Get a piece of paper. Get a pencil. That’s your Writing Tools.
- Read the 5 word-groups below.
Note: They are out of order. They do not make sense. They do not tell a story, yet.
And kids like you!
Fish and frogs.
Who likes the rain?
And turtles, too.
- Write the 5 word-groups in any order to make a poem. You can change them around until you like it. There is no wrong way. It is your choice.
- Read the sentence in the order you put together.
- Give the poem a Title
- Print out and color the Rainy Girl pdf sheet
- Attach the Poem to the Rain Sheet Illustration
Once you have your poem and picture finished, share it with us. You could be featured on Show Us Your Stuff Saturday. Details here.
Write a poem about the picture, “It’s Raining Cats and Dogs!” (that means “a lot of rain!”)
Print out and color Raining Cats & Dogs pdf. Attach it to your poem.
Hooray! You wrote a “Picture Book!”
Have Fun and Happy Creating!